+632.817.5655  
        
Philippine Columbian
Plaza De Dilao, Paco, Manila

The Philippine Columbian Association was founded in December 1907 by Filipino students who had returned from their studies in the United States.

"Columbian" was selected as the name of the association because it was symbolic name for America.  At the beginning, only Filipino students who had attended the American universities were admitted.  The founders were:  Ponciano Reyes, who became the first president; the Torres brothers, Luis and Antonio; the Roces brothers; Rafael and Marcos; the Buencamino brothers, Felipe and Victor; and Felimon Perez.  The first clubhouse was a nipa-and-sawali structure in Pasay.  It was built out of a donation of P5,000 from the Philantrophist, Don Teodoro R. Yangco.

During its first ten years, virtually all Filipino pensionados who had returned for the United States, became members.  They were pioneers who formed the backbone of the Filipino participation in the government.

In 1923, under the presidency of Don Antonio de las Alas, then Speaker of the House of Representatives, and with the coordination of Secretray Vargas, then Director of Lands, the Club acquired the 3,000 square-meter property on Taft Avenue where a classic style clubhouse was built.

The Club became the center of the campaign for Philippine Independence under the leadership of then President Manuel L. Quezon.  It was the headquarters of the Congress for Philippine Independence in 1934.

The Club transferred to the present 2-hectare complex in April 1979 and was formally inaugurated on its 72nd founding anniversary, on December 11, 1979, under the presidency of Ponciano C. Marquez

Amenities/ Facilities
Transfer Fee P 20,000.00
Monthly Dues P 1,250.00
Minimum Consumable P 1,000.00
 
 
For inquiries, kinDly contact us at:
+63.2.817.5655 / +63.2.819.3560 +63.2.812.1066
info@golfersclubshares.com
OR            
prev next